Wednesday, October 20, 2010

August 2010

The Rosellison Family!


So, I was just looking over my last post and man oh man has lots happened since then. Starting to crawl? That seems like FOREVER ago! She's practically running now (not really). When she crawls now, she is so fast. If you put her down and look away, she is definitely NOT in the same place when you look again.

We took Miss Rad to her first music festival, Flowmotion's Summer Meltdown. She enjoyed camping, hanging out at the river, spending time with her buddy Isa and listening to music. She was super, super easy to deal with and we really felt lucky to have such a "roll with the punches" kind of kid.


So, let's see. Juddy went down to Portland to watch the Dew Tour which is a bike/ skateboard/ motorcycle event that our good friend works on. I was catering a wedding so Juddy went alone and oh did he represent the Rosellisons!! While at a lovely steakhouse downtown, Juddy ran into this dude, who for the life of me I can't remember his name but he's some ultimate fighting champion guy. Leave it to Juddy to recognize a face after only seeing him once before (on TV and with purple hair!). Juddy spent the weekend with wicked seats to the tour and our friend Marissa, who's an Oregantonian. I sooo wish I could have made it, but I worked the most expensive wedding I've ever seen and got in good with a local restaurant that I would like the ability to pick up shifts on occasion. Not cause I need the money, but because I truly love and enjoy serving/bartending. Yeah, call me crazy but I really do love it!

I turned 30. Yes the big 3-0! I didn't really plan anything special and then found out that one of the band members from Widespread Panic (Jimmy Herring) was playing at Jazz Alley ON my birthday evening! So we headed to Seattle with a couple of close friends (it was Marco's 40th as well) to enjoy an intimate show. A fabulous night ensued and I thank everyone who was able to spend it with me. And I can't forget a big thank you to Granny (Mom) who watched over Radler for us. THANKS MOM!
Speaking of WSP, the last time we saw a show our buddy begged us to use his second home in Hood Canal. He made me promise that we would use it. I know, tough life huh? So the following weekend we headed to Hood Canal with friends and enjoyed a beautiful weekend on the beach. We :
...walked on the beach...

...built forts (and ate sticks)...

...played games...

and enjoyed ice cream. Mama and Papa Bear even SHARE their ice cream which is really quite phenomenal if you know me.
So, that was August in a nutshell. I'd tell you the summer was over, but any of you Washingtonians know that September is probably one of the prettiest months of the year here....but I'll save that for next time.
Hugs and Loves from The Rosellison's





































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment