Saturday, August 29, 2009

August continues...

24 weeks preggo



See, I told you I'd get the next blog up quickly. It's amazing how much you can get done in the morning when everyone else rages all night!

Thursday morning, Juddy, myself and Big Happy headed down to Bend, Oregon to see yet another concert: Ween. We got into Bend late Thursday night after test driving new/used vehicles Thursday morning and then driving 9 hours straight. We did catch one small hitchhiker on our way. Can you see him?


Look Closer....


Yes, that is a bat hanging from Juddy's handle bars. Not the safest way to travel if you ask me, but gets you where you're going. It must have been his dying wish to have his remains scattered in Bend.

When we got to Bend, we had arranged to stay with our friend Maggie, who has been living here for the last few months. Bend is a cool town in central Oregon, set amongst the mountains. We chilled all day Friday and then headed to the concert. Although we had our tickets months ago, Juddy convinced his good friend to have his bachelor party down here this weekend. Maggie, Juddy and I headed to Anthony's before the show and the rest of the bachelor party arrived over the next hour. It was great to see all the guys! I tried to make myself as scarce as possible, knowing that bachelor parties usually frown on having any women there. However, I had my ticket first and as far as I'm concerned they followed me to the show! They were all gracious, funny, and entertaining and we parted ways immediately after the show. Mama Bear knows when it's time to let the boys be boys!

The question asked by many has been, can you see Ween sober? The answer: yes, yes you can and it's still just as good! The people watching is enough of a show by itself! The venue was awesome, security was laxed (I didn't see one minimum wage worker on a power trip!) and the clouds opened up just as the show started to expose the tip of a rainbow and a yellow/orange/pink sunset. Beautiful....


Oh, I almost forgot. Radler is a ninja, right?! So I get to feel him/her practice his/her moves all the time but every time I put Juddy's hand on my stomach, karate time is over and nap times begins. Juddy's only felt Radler once! But yesterday, finally, I got Juddy's hand in the appropriate place just as karate practice began. And one. And two. Roundhouse. Double punch. Judo roll. Juddy got to feel it all! It was really great to be able to finally share the entire experience with him.

Hugs, loves, kisses and snuggles, J, D and R

PS. When I mentioned Meltdown in my last post as a "B rated music festival" I meant that only in that many of the bands you are probably not familiar with. It is not what many of you would call "mainstream music". The event itself is an "A" event: beautifully put on, environmentally friendly, introduces one to great new music and one of my highlights every summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment